PDA

View Full Version : Location, Location, location!

Milo Burcham
01-17-2008, 06:39 PM
One of the most interesting things about these web forums is the location of the people we are interacting with. Location of the members adds a national/international aspect to the site, as well as provides other information. When I see that someone living in Alaska, is posting pictures of birds from Florida, it gives an indication of how people travel to photograph. It also lets you know who your onlines neighbors are. I have seen several members that do not have any location listed. Could this be made a required field that would show for all members?

James Shadle
01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
I love the idea.
However, it would be tough to implement right now.
James

Robert Amoruso
01-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I know that James has his hands full with the tech stuff for the site now, but I agree with Milo, I like to see this type of info.

Christine Hudnall
01-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Just saw this post, but I did want to reply to it.

While I do have a general location listed on my own profile right now, I usually do not. Not sure why I do here, but that is not the point.

What is the point though is, while I too do enjoy looking to see where someone is from, I think that it needs to be up to the individual to decide whether they want to share it. Using your real name should be required (which it is), but not where someone is located. Would be great to keep 'mandatory' things to a minimum/reasonable amount.

Just my thoughts...

David Lowell
01-21-2008, 07:22 AM
I, too, think the mandatory items should be kept to a minimum.