PDA

View Full Version : Out for supplies

Alfred Forns
12-31-2007, 10:32 AM
From the post Xmas IPT One of the Great Blues leaving the nest looking for branches btw used the dynamic AF for most of the day with excellent results

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Nikon D300
70-200 2.8 VR 1.7X
f 5.6 1/800 sec
Av 0
ISO 1000
Dynamic AF

Maxis Gamez
12-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Excellent composition Al. The colors are simply gorgeous!

Axel Hildebrandt
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I like the pose and composition. I can't really put my finger on it but the plumage looks smeared (for the lack of a better term). Maybe because of the high ISO? I'm just thinking out loud. :)

Fabs Forns
12-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Lovely pose and background. They were really flying in front of the Brazilian Peppers that morning!

Bob Ettinger
12-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Good timing and that AF is working .

Mike McCarthy
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Nice shot Al. Like the comp and colors. Those trees and bird look familiar. *-). I like the wing position / pose you captured.

I would like to see this same shot with a OOF background also. All the detail of the backgrond fights for attention with the bird. Not a problem, especially if this is more a "surrounding with bird" shot..but I still would like to see this with less depth of field and more emphasis on the bird..... to compare it to your version. Nicely done.

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Stunning image Alfred and the flight pose is great as well as superb timing. I love seeing the environment especially since it is so beautiful.. Great job !!

Judd Patterson
12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Nice shot Alfred! I must admit that the background is "beautiful" but I can't help bug cringe too...

Brazilian pepper is ranked among the most important threats to biodiversity in the South Florida ecosystem and occupies more area in the state than any other invasive species. This shrub not only threatens endangered flora and fauna but many citizens suffer from allergic reactions to the airborne volatiles produced.

Jim Neiger
01-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi Al,

I like shots like this that show habitat as long as the habitat is mostly in focus and attractive. Then it becomes part of the main subject and adds interest to the image. The blues of the heron against the bright reds and greens of the brazillian pepper make a very attractive image.