PDA

View Full Version : Piotta | Switzerland

Kaushik Balakumar
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.pbase.com/bkaushik/image/106196618/original.jpg

Made this image sometime in august during a hike in swiss alps.

Techs:
Nikon D300, Nikkor 12-24mm, Circ Pol
f/22, 1/20, ISO200

Critiques welcome...

Jackie Schuknecht
11-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I like how the image leads you into the frame from the red flowers to the sky. Like the soft feel to it as well.
Very pretty.

Roman Kurywczak
11-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey Kaushik,
Really nice comp..........debating the red flowers touching the edge of frame. Idealy having them all in would have been preferrable........but cloning them out would work also. Did you use the Orton effect? The soft feel implies you did.........and I feel it is really effective here!

Robert Amoruso
11-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Kaushik,

I like the composition and the flow at the center of the image - though not obvious leads you into it well. I do wonder how inclusion of the left and right rocks in the image in full would have looked.

I agree with Roman on the red flowers.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I find myself looking at the red flowers as my eye seems to go there and not the rest of the image. It seem the red flowers lead you away from the sky and mountains.

Nagesh Mula
11-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey Kaushik, your compositions are really awesome.
What I liked in the picture is the soft feel, the way in which it leads you sans the red flower as already pointed out. You kept the object right in the third corner and that brings a lot to this picture.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-25-2008, 05:18 AM
Thank you all for the feedback.

@ Roman: Yes, a mild Orton effect :)

@ Robert: This is a full frame image made at 12mm. From this point it was difficult to include both the rocks. But I do understand what u mean. Perhaps there was a work around possible which did'nt occur to me.