PDA

View Full Version : Ducky

Dave Leroy
11-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi,

This is mt first post and I am looking forward to any comments. I was a bit surprised by the change in colour when I resized and saved for web. The saturation seemed to decrease.

The picture was taken on a heavy over cast/ foggy day with a 50D, Canon 400/5.6 lens. The settings were f/5.6, 1/1250, ISO800 using a tripod and on my knees.

Dave

Gus Cobos
11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I like the close up pose Dave, Suggest on giving more room at the bottom for the bill, and to the right of the frame; would like to see more of the drake...:cool:

Dave Leroy
11-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi Gus, That's full frame from top to bottom so nothing to add there. I did crop off some on the right, lumps of dirt and stuff as well as the hen's foot. The left side went at the same time since it added nothing.
I do understand though. You feel it is too tight.
Dave

Alfred Forns
11-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Dave Big Warm Welcome !!!! Glad you decided to post !!!

For saving images to post do keep a couple of things in mind Remember to convert to sRGB before saving and use save for web with bicubic sharper for converting. Always sharpen after the final size. Should not be much difference at all. Look in the tutorial section for in depth suggestions.

I like the low angle and tight crop Would have worked it a little different leaving more room to the right and maybe moving a step of two to your right. This would alter the perspective to the rear duck. These type with a second oof bird in the bg difficult but you did real well I like it !!! Looking forward to more !!!

Dave Leroy
11-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks Alfred.

I had everything covered off except the bicubic sharper. It is taken care of now though.

Alfred Forns
11-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Great Will make a difference btw now I have the bicubic sharper as default setting since I do more down than up !!! Easy to forget !!

Jerry van Dijk
11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum! I love your composition here. It's a one off image with the male and female so nicely posed in the frame! Hope to see more of your work.
- Jerry -