Shutter: 1/6400 sec.
F stop: f/5.7
Metering Mode: Pattern
Hand Held

Bill

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Bill,

Composition is good and I like how you cropped the bottom to include enough of the post to ground the image, but not too much. You left room for the bird to look into the frame - that's good to.

After making a nice image like this, stay with the bird and wait (hope) to get the head more turned towards you.It is preferred to have the head turned in 2 to 3 degrees towards the photographer. This gets the bill and eye in focus. Critical focus should be on the eye.

Image looks a bit soft. Please try this link http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ead.php?t=5598 and go about 1/2 way down in Artie's first post to "Free Excerpt: Creating an Action for your BPN J-PEGS". This will explain how to sharpen the image for a small JPG for posting.

Thanks for posting.

Gus Cobos
11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi William,
I like the capture..good advise given by Robert. Your image looks a tad on the dark side, perhaps a bit under exposed and a little flat. need to boost saturation and contrast...:cool:

denise ippolito
11-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi William, Robert covered everything- I like the colors on this -the framing is good also

Alfred Forns
11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi William agree with suggestions and can add a couple.

Would run shadow/highlight at these settings 12/24/244 Odd setting but possible the best you will ever use. One of the few advantages is leaving no halo around the bird. Would also do selective color and increase the neutral and black since they look a week. Finally another usm round.

Posting wise there are no secrets, just save for web and make sure you use bicubic sharper for downsizing, will give best results !!!!

Lance Peters
11-21-2008, 05:44 PM
HI Willam - I have some bail money for you - looks like the HAP have you arrested LOL :)

Agree with all of the above - and would add just a tad of CW rotation, so he does not look like he is leaning backwards.\\kepp em coming.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Good image William, exposure looks good. Maybe some sharpening, and it looks to me like it needs something to punch it up a bit, saturation, curves, not sure what.

Oscar Zangroniz
11-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Great post William. Like the details on the bird and love the composition.
Regards