PDA

View Full Version : My first Bird attempt.

DennyKyser
11-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Ok, got my 300 2.8 last night, had it in the house this morning but with no 1.4 converter or tripod but caught a few birds outside.

Canon 1D Mk III, 300 2.8, 640 ISO, 1/500 th 2.8

Alfred Forns
11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Denny Big Congrats on your 2.8 !!!!! Hope you can get the converts and tripod soon Do get both the 1.4X and the 2.0X Quality will be excellent will slow AF !!

I like the composition but you need to get the bird turned more toward the camera Should have lost of opportunities with the bird feeder !! I like your settings and exp looks good. If anything you might want to have a little more room by the feed ( left) Also the point of focus is on the top of the seeds, seems sharper than the bird. Looking forward to many more !!! ..... caution birds are addictive !!! :)

DennyKyser
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks, I have lots to learn, but am loving this forum and taking pictures of something other than 17 year old kids.
I have 2 tripods at the studio one will make its way to the house today. :)
I already have the 1.4 extender, may have to pick up the 2X also.

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Welcome to BPN Denny. Alfred capture my comments well.

But I have to say..... You got snow there already? I guess being in Florida, I am just not tuned into the fact someplace is getting snow.

Gus Cobos
11-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi Denny,
I like the capture, just need to have patience and wait for the bird to be looking at you. very good advise given by Mr. Forns...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

denise ippolito
11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Denny, The titmouse also likes whole peanuts-Nice shot- wish he was facing you-Great lens good luck -enjoy!!

Lance Peters
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi Denny - welcome all good avice given above - wouls also try to position yourself so that you didn't get the vertical dark line in the BG - of course you could remove it via some Quick Masks.

Looking forward to seeing more :)