PDA

View Full Version : Plein Air

Leroy Laverman
11-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Another one from Hendry's Beach in Santa Barbara. I know placing the painter in the center is against the rules but I thought the overall diagonal flow of the bluff to the sea worked better this way. I considered cloning out the oil platforms but chose to leave the scene as is.

Nikon D80
Nikon 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5 AFS at 70mm
ISO 100, f/16, 1/4 s , matrix metering , no EC, CP filter

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Leroy,

I think that your composition works well. Taking out the painter, it is well balanced and flows nicely. W/o the painter, I would say punch up the colors faded by the fog (local contrast enhancement). With the painter, who is much closer with well saturated colors, it works great to set him off from the background.

I would suggest cloning out that one platform on the right edge.

Grady Weed
11-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Alfred hit it all. Nicely done. Oops! I meant Robert, you don't really look that much alike. Got your PM. Will try to call Sunday.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Beautiful idea to capture the scene with a painting depicting the same scene.
Liked this image :)

Roman Kurywczak
11-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Leroy,
I think the central placement does work well and Robert's idea of the LCE is a good one........but be careful not to eliminate too much of the mist/fog. My only recommendation for next time is 2 steps to the left and aiming more a bit right........to get a bit more seperation between the painters back and the distant cliff. This isn't enough to detract from this image IMO.......but just a future idea..........so nicely composed!