PDA

View Full Version : Torres Del Paine

Jackie Schuknecht
11-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I took this shot in Chile in January of this year just outside Torres Del Paine National Park. Taken just before the sun came over the mountains from behind me.
20D
f/11
1/100s
ISO 400
0EV
Sigma 10-22 @ 10
Tripod
Polarizer
Straightened and cropped slightly.
Comments Appreciated

Leroy Laverman
11-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I really like the clouds in this shot. The foreground water is lacking a subject for the eye so I'd suggest cropping quite a bit of it out. I played around with this some to accentuate the polarizer effect and cropped the bottom. I hope you like it.

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I like what Leroy did with the crop Jackie as conventional wisdom is w/o a FG object to lead you into the image, don't include so much FG.

However, when I first looked at your original image, I though "I am glad she did not crop the FG". The reason is that for me, the water ripples/waves act to guide me to the BG drama of the clouds and mountains and combine well with the canopy of clouds above to create a window into that drama. Anyway, that's my take. Leroy's crop strengthens that impression of a window and your original is more of a sweeping vista.

I will be interested in how others feel about it.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Lovely clouds. Nice subtle light on the mountains.
I might opt for the re-post by Leroy. The crop boosts the image quite a lot IMHO.

Roman Kurywczak
11-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Jackie,
i too am liking the crop in the re-post more.........but will agree that the ripples and waves had potential. For me, the ripples are interesting.........but not enough......so hence my preference of the crop.......but it also may be that the mntns. become more prominant........and the leading lines of the clouds also become more powerful. Either way, well composed.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for taking the time to critique it really helps me to learn!