01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
First image post
D2h
F3.5, 1/500, 300mm (Tamron f2.8 manual), ISO 200, Cloudy wb
Nisqually NWR

Todd

Jim Poor
01-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi and welcome! I really like the environment shown. I think a crop from the bottom to remove most of the really oof cat tails in front helps a bit.

joel quenneville
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I love the nice golden color and the reflection. I agree with Jim about cropping off some of the bottom. I might even consider making a pano out of this one. Good job!

Maxis Gamez
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Tod and welcome to BPN.

I would like to see your main subject a little bigger in the frame as I also asked myself is this a landscape? I do like the warm colors.

Tony Whitehead
01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Some aspects of this are really nice - the yellow/blue colours , sharp plane of focus on the bird. The OOF foreground spoils it for me and I agree with Joel about trying a pano on this. There looks to be a tilt to the left - if you use the measure tool in PS and drop a line from the tip of the beak to the tip of it's reflection it will automatically measure any rotation and then select image/rotate/arbitrary and it will automatically correct for you. Nice to see something different from the common bird portraits

Len Maltese
01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Some good advise already given. You did have some nice light to work with.

Linda Robbins
01-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Todd and Welcome to BPN!

Exceptionally pretty colors and a nice environment in this image. The bird is sharp. You've already gotten some good tips above. Looking forward to seeing more of your images!