PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sandpiper

Brandon Holden
11-20-2008, 10:34 AM
http://www.peregrineprints.com/temp/aaa.jpg
1DM2n, 600mm.. full frame

Very bored at work! So I thought id spend a minute making a posting ;)

Happy Shooting!

Brandon

Stephen Stephen
11-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Brandon I like the birds eye contact and the colour of the legs and bill. The water drop adds a nice touch. On my uncalibrated office monitor the image looks a bit dark.

I take it that the OOF colours in the foreground are from fallen leaves?

Stu Bowie
11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I like the DOF in this, together with the low angle. Well done Brandon.

Terry Sohl
11-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Love the splash of color from the bill, and the little head turn. It looks a bit dark on my monitor as well, but that's easiliy taken care of. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the OOF stuff in the lower-right corner.

Tony Whitehead
11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Love the colours, pose and water droplet. Agree re the OOF lower right being a distraction. A tighter crop may help.

Axel Hildebrandt
11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I like the angle, pose and details and agree that it looks a bit underexposed. The area in the lower right is a bit distracting. Does it need a bit CW rotation?

Brandon Holden
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for the comments so far! I should probably have mentioned that the image was left a bit dark and contrasty on purpose... and that the colour in the fg/bg are from fallen leaves! (Which I thought went well with the bits of colour on the bird)..

Gotta run! Thanks again :)

Brandon

Ramon M. Casares
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I agree that this is a very nice image, I like it a lot, but as said by others, the OOF stuff in the lower-right corner is a bit distracting. Congratulations!

Linda Robbins
11-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Lovely pose and interesting subtle shapes and color in the background. The oof lower right corner just seems a bit blank compared to the rest of the bg. Good composition and detail. Would like to see it lightened a bit.

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa
11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Wonderful capture! Fine detail on the bird and smooth and interesting BKGR,