PDA

View Full Version : Touch Down

Stu Bowie
11-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Although taken over a year ago, there is a wetland south of Johannesburg, where the Flamingo's come to spend a bit of time, before moving on. Unfortunately I cannot say where they come from, or where they go. Here is an image of one landing. They are only there for a couple of weeks.

Canon 20D
100-400 L IS USM FL 400mm
1/1250
F/8
ISO 400

Hand held

Ramon M. Casares
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Great timing! Nice pose and great light! Bg is nice as it doesn't distracts and tells us something about the bird's enviroment. Congratulaitons!

Daniel Cadieux
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice timing, and good wingspread. Maybe a little centered. I also like the BG but I wish it didn't intesect in the face area. Some noise is apparent around the subject.

Axel Hildebrandt
11-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I like the landing pose and details. Noise and BG/subject intersection have been mentioned.

Tony Whitehead
11-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Love the colours and the water splashes. When do they usually come, Stuart? I was lucky enough to see them in September at Marievale. Didn't realise they were only there briefly - unfortunately didn't get this close.

Stu Bowie
11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Tony, Yes Marievale it was. I didnt go there this year and not sure if they arrived, as havent seen them posted on the other site here. I have seen them recently frequenting another wetland in Kempton Park, near the airport, but they are wading deep in the middle, so havent bothered to even try a shot. Cheers.

Tony Whitehead
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey Tony, Yes Marievale it was. I didnt go there this year and not sure if they arrived, as havent seen them posted on the other site here. I have seen them recently frequenting another wetland in Kempton Park, near the airport, but they are wading deep in the middle, so havent bothered to even try a shot. Cheers.
Thanks Stuart. The shots I got were wading far away in harsh midday light :(

Juan Aragonés
11-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree with the previous comments. I like a lot the wing spreading and the action. Some strange marks like cloning marks (?) in the inner group of black secondaries in the left wing.

Manos Papadomanolakis
11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Great details and nice wing position!

Stu Bowie
11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks so much for your comments and positive crits. I appreciate each and every one.