PDA

View Full Version : Seasoned

DennyKyser
11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Here is a pretty neat old shed still standing in a field nearby I loved the colors and location.

1D Mk III, 24-70 @70mm, ISO 400 1/80th @ 5.6

Alfred Forns
11-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Denny Sure like it also Beautiful setting

If anything would like to see more room for the shed This is a great image for making and HDR since it will give you lots of detail in the shed. Worth going back If you need help with the HDR let me know !!!

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey Denny,
Agree with Alfred that a bit more room on the right and bottom of the shed.......to put it more in the ROT position may further strenghten the comp. If you are not against such things..........cloning out the visible sky in the trees would eliminate that distraction...........or you could just crop that section out....try it with the browser.by scrolling to see what I mean. All that bing said.......the colors/subject/ and lighting are all excellent.......so these minor changes......will only put it more over the top. I don't do HDR's myself......but this does look like a perfect fit.
Well done.

Chris Starbuck
11-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Denny,
I lke this - a pleasing scene with great colors. I agree with the other suggestions regarding comp, and would also suggest a bit of crop off the bottom to eliminate the OOF flowers at LL. Also, unless the shed really was leaning to the left, it needs 2.5 - 3 degrees CW rotation.

Ed Cordes
11-20-2008, 10:42 PM
I agree with all the above. I also think that on my monitor it looks a bit over sharpened.

Leroy Laverman
11-21-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm really hoping to see this in a wider aspect ratio. The line of trees with the shed placed on a 1/3 line would be very nice. The colors are wonderful but a bit hot in the red channel (especially in the yellow leaves) so you're losing detail there. I sure miss the changing of the seasons since moving to S. California. Thanks for the reminder of fall colors.

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Denny,

You have gotten some good recommendations here that I agree with. In the FG you have some OOF grass - best to try to move to eliminate such a distraction as it grabs the eye. Thanks for posting and please come back soon with more of your work.