PDA

View Full Version : Loch Glendhu,

Tom Dolezal
11-20-2008, 02:11 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/LochGlendhu.jpg

Technical: Canon 1Ds Mk2, Canon 16-35 f/2.8 Mk1, ISO 100, f/22, 1/25, -1/3EV, tripod

C&C Welcome

Thanks for looking

Alfred Forns
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Tom I like the framing and strong reflection Could punch the clouds up a little but its mostly taste Would suggest raising the ISO since you had to go to such low shutter speed, won't tell the difference. Might just do a few at different ISOs and examine closely!!!!

Ian McHenry
11-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Tom
Beautiful image.
Would be interested in seeing a panorama pix taken from lower down and more to the right with lots of DOF.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Tom,
A bit of highlight recovery on the clouds should do the trick. You have a pleasing leading line with the lakeshore??.....and the element on the left frame it nicely. Maybe a slight crop off the bottom..........to further emphasize the curve of the shoreline.......and a bit off the blue sky top.........may make a bit better comp.

Tom Dolezal
11-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Hi Tom,
A bit of highlight recovery on the clouds should do the trick. You have a pleasing leading line with the lakeshore??.....and the element on the left frame it nicely. Maybe a slight crop off the bottom..........to further emphasize the curve of the shoreline.......and a bit off the blue sky top.........may make a bit better comp.

Many thanks Roman for for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

An edit along the lines of:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_Y8I8060-Edit-2.jpg

Tom

Tom Dolezal
11-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi Tom
Beautiful image.
Would be interested in seeing a panorama pix taken from lower down and more to the right with lots of DOF.

Many thanks Ian for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

Unfortunately don't have any panorama's of that scene but I will be returning there in the future so will be mindful of your suggestions.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
11-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi Tom I like the framing and strong reflection Could punch the clouds up a little but its mostly taste Would suggest raising the ISO since you had to go to such low shutter speed, won't tell the difference. Might just do a few at different ISOs and examine closely!!!!

Many thanks Alfred for your comments and suggestions which are very much valued and appreciated.

Tom

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Tom,

Recrop work great. Your composition works very well. The image "flows" nicely. The trees on left balanced my the mountain on right. A well thought out image. Thanks for posting it.

Ian McHenry
11-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi Tom
I can only echo Robert's comments.
Re-post is beautifully balanced.

Roman Kurywczak
11-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi Tom,
Just what I had in mind with the crop. Flows better for me. Nicely done. Do you prefer the crop better???

Tom Dolezal
11-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Many thanks Robert & Ian for coming back to the post and giving your comments on the edit - very much valued and appreciated.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Tom,
Just what I had in mind with the crop. Flows better for me. Nicely done. Do you prefer the crop better???

Many thanks Roman for coming back to the post - very much appreciated.

Yes I do like the crop and thank you for your suggestion. I find posting a image on a photo forum is often very beneficial as 'different eyes see different things' and this ca help bring more to the image.

Tom