PDA

View Full Version : Viera Wetlands Sunrise

Shawn Marques
11-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Cormorants waking up for the day. C&C appreciated. Thanks for taking a look.

Canon EF400mm f/5.6L USM on Canon 40D
ISO 400, 1/1600 @ f/5.6
Taken hand-held

Alfred Forns
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I like it Shawn Got all good bird silhouettes and good looking perch !!! The oof grasses are attracting attention but not sure if superimposing two images for the added sharpness would have looked natural !!! Maybe moving the sun to the other side? I btw this could have gone in birds also !!

Roman Kurywczak
11-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey Shawn,
Agree with Alfred that the seperation you achieved in the birds is excellent.........and not all that easy..........as all the heads are very distinct! I can see what Alfred is talking about.......with different placement of the sun........and if possible........definitely worth exploring..........taking a few steps to the left........and aiming more right.........may have eliminated the BG brush.......and added a bit more rooom to the right of the sun........but it also may have added other unintended distractions. May go for a bit more of saturation for my tastes......but it does work pretty well.....especially all the different head looks!

Shawn Marques
11-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Thank you Alfred and Roman. I will keep these things in mind when I give it another try. Best regards

Robert Amoruso
11-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Shawn,

Wonder who told you about this type of image from Viera???

Nice work and getting them to cooperate is not easy. I normally come away from this w/o any image. Walking towards the tree and down the berm gets rid of the OOF grasses in the front. Love the god rays, I have never gotten one like that.