PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be me!

Fabs Forns
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I think they are beautiful ducks and when the light hit them right, they really show the colors.
Santee Lakes, with Artie's IPT, San Diego, last January.

Date: 1/20/08
Model: NIKON D3
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Lens (mm): 650
ISO: 800
Aperture: 6.7
Shutter: 1/800
Exp. Comp.: -0.3
Flash Comp.:
Program: Aperture Priority
ICC Profile: Adobe RGB (1998)

Ramon M. Casares
11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Gorgeous subject Fabs! Love the light and attitude, comp and colours are great too, I love the water but here I find it a bit distracting, I would've shot the water only as it looks so beautifull! :) Congratulations my friend!

david cramer
11-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I agree the water overpowers the duck, but that could well be the point. The light is simply stunning, and the swirls add a wonderful effect. Swimming in liquid gold.

Daniel Cadieux
11-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I've always though that ducks, mallards especially, have that happy look to them...hence my liking to the title here :-) Wow, check out that water, I really like the patterns in there. I would prefer a more direct light angle on the mallard but I'm sure that would also have negatively affected the quality of the water effect.

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Love it Fabs. Great capture with wonderful lighting and color. IN the right light they are just awesome. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Ed Cordes
11-19-2008, 10:18 PM
On Golden Pond!! Looks like he is talking back to you. I like the detail in the bill and mouth. I wish the shadow on the front of the face were lighter.

Stu Bowie
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I find the green on their heads very difficult to expose correctly, but you have succeeded very well Fabs. I love the gold all over the water. Great image.