PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Colors

Alma K Bailey
11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
This was at the ocean last weekend, I love the colors of it, So fall.

Mike Moats
11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Hey Alma, not sure what I'm looking at but it has nice details and lighting. Also please let us know about your equipment used and settings. Thanks for posting.

Alma K Bailey
11-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Mike,

Thank you for taking the time and commenting.

This is actually seaweed,in the early morning sunlight.

It was truely this lovely harvest color, which I so love.

My equipment,

Canon EOS 40D
f 5 @ 1/500, ISO 400
300 mm
hand held
manual focus

Thank you again,
Alma

Alma K Bailey
11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks again,

Alma

Mike Moats
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Hey Alma, what is that big ball? Thanks for the techs.

Ed Vatza
11-20-2008, 02:56 PM
what is that big ball?

I've seen these along the central California coast. It's part of the kelp plant I believe.

Alma, I really like this image. Aside from reminding me of the Central California coast, one of my favorite places, in the U.S., it is a very interesting composition. And I agree with you about the colors.

Lana Hays
11-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Alma
Beautiful colors. Is the "ball" what's known as the air bladder that keeps the large kelp afloat? It's hard to judge not knowing the actual size of what I'm looking at.

Alma K Bailey
11-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Mike, Thanks again, I love the ocean and was happy with my shoot a few weekends ago, took the motorhome down and camped right on the ocean.

Ed, Thank you so very much , I love seeing the washed up kelp , this visit there was a dead sea lion and pelican up on the shore, bumbed me out.

Lana, Thank you for you kind comments aslo, the air bladder was bigger than a grapefriut and you can see the small blubs in front kinda give you and idea, I too love the wonderful fall colors.

Thank you all again, I appreicate it.

Happy Holidays to you,

Alma