PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Sunrise

Robert Amoruso
12-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Taken on the morning of the last day of Artie's third IPT, we were witness to one of the most spectacular sunrises. Just prior to this image being created, the geese had landed in a huge swirling mass. One of the most impressive sights I have ever seen at Bosque.

Canon 1Ds Mark II
Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS @ 81mm
1/3 sec, f/32, Tv, Evaluative, Exp. Comp: +1, ISO: 320
Tv was used because I was previously shooting blurs at a faster shutter speed. When I got ready to do the scenic, I just dialed down the shutter speed to get to my smallest aperture as the light was changing fast. Taken using a tripod.

D. Robert Franz
12-31-2007, 10:07 AM
A lovely Bosque sunrise for sure Robert. Only nit is how the birds blend into the dark treeline.. Wish the birds were a bit closer so some colorful water would show behind them.

Maxis Gamez
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
This is lovely. The sky is on fire. I have to go there one day!

Robert Amoruso
12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Robert,

Thinking the same thing. Would have loved to be 20 feet off the ground to get that separation.:)

Alfred Forns
12-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Robert,

Thinking the same thing. Would have loved to be 20 feet off the ground to get that separation.:)

..... Robert remember I had a ladder with me

It was one spectacular sunrise from the color point of view and also the mass of birds It was a treat !!!! This is one image that must be appreciated in fine print Big Congrats !!!!!

Jason Hahn
01-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Very pretty skyscape, stunning color. As someone who has never been to Bosque, without the separation of birds from the skyline it is hard to sense the numbers of them. Would definitely like to see it big to get that impact.

Jason