PDA

View Full Version : Shish Kabob Leaf

Mike Moats
11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Found this leaf shish kababed on this spike. The early morning sun was backlighting the leaf and the bight leaf is what caught my eye.

Fuji S3, Sigma 180, Tripod, Natural Light, F 5.6

Alma K Bailey
11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Mike,

I must say, the lighting on this is wonderful, I can see why it caught your eye, and I love the colors here, I am so into fall and this fits right in.

You have a great photo with nice clarity and comp.

Alma

Julie Kenward
11-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Geez, Mike, that's gorgeous! I love it when something like that pops out of nowhere and begs to be photographed. it's absolutely lovely.

Mike Moats
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Alma and Jules, This looks like a set up but its not, I've seen leaves spreared like this before and have always wondered how the leaf when falling would have enough presure to puncture a hole in itself. It would be interesting to see it when it happens.

Alma K Bailey
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
You can tell it had been on there as the rough edges around the hole, I agree, it would be fun to watch.

Alma

Stu Bowie
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Perfect backlighting to show up the veins in the leaf Mike. Lovely gold colour of the leaf contrasted against your smooth green OOF BG. Well spotted and captured Mike.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-21-2008, 05:01 AM
There's such lovely details in this back-lit leaf which u've exposed so finely. A lovely bokeh to go with. Am not so sure about the composition (a part of me says its not so balanced) but I honestly don't know how to better this. I guess u've done the best possible.
Liked that title u've given to the image Mike :)

Gus Cobos
12-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Well done Mike.
I like the back light on the leaf...very original on the composition...:cool: