PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow

Dave Courtenay
01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
The forecast for Lausanne today was rain so that normally means that in the mountains it will snow so i popped up to the Jura first thing and found some chamois, 10 mins after getting there it started,I didnt play it as well as i should have and the chamois caught sight of me and moved up towards the hill and safety, I managed some images but not really what i wanted so will return tomorrow as its forecast to be rainy here again-It might not have tested the AF but it certainly tested the weather proofing

Canon 1D3 500F4+2X

Pete Woods
01-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Snow, I thought it was noise :lol:

I like this Dave, really shows their natural habit in harsh conditions

Linda Robbins
01-17-2008, 09:23 PM
The heavy snowfall is quite beautiful against the dark part of the bg and the chamois are lovely against the snow. Wish the grazing animal and the one with his rear to the camera had cooperated with better poses. Maybe tomorrow!

Milo Burcham
01-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Love the falling snow... great anticipating the weather! It;s a lovely scene but better separation of the animals would have improved the shot

D. Robert Franz
01-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I just love photographing in snow.. It can be very dramatic.. Hard to get a herd of animals to cooperate. My biggest problem is the merger of the two animals in the center. Looks a bit dark to me a bit of PP work would fix it right up... Nice moody image..