PDA

View Full Version : Banded New Zealand Falcon

Jason Searle
11-18-2008, 02:17 AM
On a Recent trip to check on nesting pairs of New Zealand Falcons i managed to get several images of Previous banded raptors within the forest. This one was busy Keking and dive bombing while the nest was being checked, which contained three 25 day old chicks, which we ended up banding.

Canon 1dmk3
Iso 400
420mm
1/1600 @ f/5.6

Tony Whitehead
11-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Lovely calling pose with good wing and tail position, Jason. Just wish for a little separation of the beak from the far wing. Love the feather patterns. Did you make it to Miranda the other weekend?

Jason Searle
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey Tony,

I never made it to Maranda as other things came up, but did check out the Manukau side and found perfect locations for a hide setup. May try either Maranda or Manukau this weekend.

Lana Hays
11-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Jason
This is nice....especially getting the flight image while he was calling. It's not easy to get these guys in flight. Good exposure and nice detail. A little more separation with beak/wing would be nice but it certainly works as is. Well done.

Maxis Gamez
11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I have to agree about the wing separation but you did well keeping this guy sharp in the frame.