PDA

View Full Version : Strange Hogaan

Bill Randall
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Canon 5D. This is a composite formed in Photomatix. The shots I combined were not exactly aligned for some reason. I didn't move the tripod or the camera. However, the image is a bit eerie to me so I thought I would share it. The location is near Vermillion Cliffs on the Navajo Res. Ariz-Utah border. The hogaan was constucted in the early 1900s according to the Navajo people I met there. It is contructed under and around a large boulder that forms the roof of the stucture. It is most unusual for a Navajo structure.

Alfred Forns
11-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Bill that front rock has some "Character" Gives a strange perspective for the dwelling !!! Sure would like seeing dwelling prominent in the fg with that beautiful sky !!!

denise ippolito
11-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi Bill, I like your composition and the colors are nice- you have an interesting subject-well done!

Katie Rupp
11-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi Bill, you really caught great light here and I appreciate the story that goes with the image. I've been enjoying your postings, keep them coming.

Gus Cobos
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Well done Bill,
The sky is beautiful, I like the bolder in the foreground. It adds to the mood and feel...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Cool story Bill, if it were my pic might remove the rock touching on the right of the frame. Thanks for showing us the pic!

Bill Randall
11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
I agree Jackie. Thanks it got by me.