PDA

View Full Version : Wood Stork playing with its breakfast

Kristin Yannakopoulos
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Looking for suggestions and comments please...I'm not fond of the very dark water but I'm not sure what/how to correct it. I feel the strong contrast is needed to make the wood stork stand out yet having the darker background makes the areas that are darker on the bird plus the fish just fade into into he background :(

Canon EOS 40D 400mm f/5.6 1/800 ISO 100

Alfred Forns
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Kristin That is one unusual catch Sure wish I had in my file !!!!!!! I think the image would work much better with more room The bird needs space You exposure was fine Could not have added more light there is one small area just back of the neck pegged out
.... should have taken a little more time with the canvas but wanted a quick fix

Extended a little canvas front and back also lighten just a tad the bg and face area It is a excellent image !!!

Kristin Yannakopoulos
01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
It was one of those shots that you still just can't believe you caught!! Your touches do add alot to the photo... I agree... clipped too tight before... and the lighter background is just enough that it actually makes the fish stand out much better!! Thank you very much!

Nonda Surratt
01-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Fine capture, you have every right to be thrilled with it!! Alfred covered everything else.