PDA

View Full Version : Kirk L-Bracket & RRS Lever QR?

Bud Cline
01-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi all,

I am wondering if the Kirk L-bracket for the D300 is compatible with the RRS lever QRs. I know that RRS states that their lever QRs are only compatible with their brackets/plates and those made by Wimberley but my experience is that some of the more recent Kirk camera brackets work fine with the RRS lever QRs.

I am considering the Kirk L bracket since some have been unhappy with the design of the RRS L bracket for the D3 - thus I assume the same may be true for the RRS design for the D300 L bracket for camera with grip.

Any input on the latter issue would be welcome as well. I have purchased the RRS L bracket for the D300 w/o the grip and am completely satisfied with it. I generally do not need to access the side of the camera while the L bracket is mounted so that aspect of the design is not a significant factor for me. I do like it to have a comfortable feel to it, however.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Bud

Jim Poor
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi Bud,

Welcome aboard :D I'm wondering the same thing as I've heard bad news on the brackets as well. I'm thinking about canceling my order since the RRS site said they were in stock when they apparently are not. I ordered 2-day shipping a week ago . . .

Bud Cline
01-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome. I am happy with the fit and finish on the RRS L-bracket I got for the D300 w/o grip but did not like the looks of the new L-bracket for the D3 that were posted. It really looks crude compared to the one for the D2X series and cruder than the one for the D300 - what's up with that??

I have posted this questions elsewhere and if I get some feedback, I will post it here!

RRS has an odd way of dealing with the out of stock issue. I started to place an order for the L- bracket for the D300 w/ grip but not really determine if it was in stock or not so I decided to wait. Now I am glad I did.

Cheers,
Bud

P.S., the snow really looks great on the trees over here - I got a few shots off the front porch!

Larry Daniel
01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Kirk is shipping D3 L brackets. Give them a call and ask them if there would be any problem? www.kirkphoto.com

Bud Cline
01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Larry. Bud