PDA

View Full Version : Dewdrop

Bee Emily
11-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Kodak Z740 P&S
1/45, f2.8, 38mm, iso 80, handheld, laying on sidewalk, morning

Julie Kenward
11-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Bee, I just love it when someone says something like "laying on sidewalk" because then I know I am not the only crazy person out there taking photos! Good for you!!!

I like this image - especially since it was taken with a p&s camera. I do find the OOF (out of focus) dewdrops to be a bit distracting in the BG (background) though. If you have access to photoshop, I'd suggest cloning them out and leaving just the ones on the main stem. Also, you have the main drop smack dab in the middle of the image which doesn't look too bad, actually, but next time you might play with moving it more to one side or the other. Did you ever look up the ROT's (rule of thirds)? Placing that dew drop on the right third of the image would probably make your composition even stronger.

Keep up the good work!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Bee,
This is a very pretty image. I agree with Jules's comments about the ROT but in this instance the image works well for me as it is.
Regards,
Nicki

Ed Vatza
11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Bee,

I like the concept. Dew drops and the reflections they contain make for some very powerful images. I think I may be spoiled by images I have seen that focus in on a single blade of grass (I guess I'm a minimalist) but all the other blades in the background are very distracting to me.

That said, I would also like to see a bit more dof bringing the other drops on the subject blade into better focus.

Hope this makes sense. :);)