View Full Version : male cardinal

mikedelaney
11-15-2008, 10:36 AM
canon 40D
sigma 50-500
f 6.3
1/160 s.
ISO 800

i was going to show an entirely different bird, but listened to what Gus and Art said and came up with this one. i hope it is ok.

Alfred Forns
11-15-2008, 11:30 AM
It is fine Mike This one has a sharper eye, you got the entire tail within frame, bg is not all that bad and its well exposed.

Can place the bird more to the right since he is looking left and perhaps a vertical composition would have eliminated some of the cutter up front. PS wise you can tweak and brighten but not much since you wan to preserve the mood. Looking good Mike !!!

Gus Cobos
11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Much better with the eye factor Mike. I like the droplets of rain on the branches...I would place the bird to the right. remember that he needs space to look into...very good advise given by Mr. Forns...way to go...I expect the next one to be better, and "so on, and so on", just like the Pantine shampoo commercial...:cool:

Desmond Chan
11-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey Mike, the background is fine with me. I think Al's suggestion of focusing on one thing at a time is good. I'd agree to getting a sharp and well-exposed bird first. Then worry about the composition of the final image later. Keep it up, Mike.

mikedelaney
11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
thank you all. the 3 of you have put up with me through a lot. i'll keep trying. i probably could have sharpened it quite a bit more also.
thanks again.
mike

Harold Davis
11-15-2008, 03:40 PM
looking good mike! i think it will handle a little more sharpening with no problems!! nice suggestions above.