PDA

View Full Version : A mystical place

Johannes Glännman
11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi...

Made this picture a very early and humid morning just before I was going to look for some wildlife.. It is in a quite nice forrest on the side of a bog in a ravine...

Cheers // Johannes

Nikon D300
Nikon AF 50/1.8
Gitzo Tripod

Robert Amoruso
11-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Johannes,

I really like this - no I love it. Dark, moody, sinister. I feel like I am in a special place looking at this image.

Don't try to open up shadows as they add to the look and feel. The blue cast is perfect too IMO so don't correct for that.

About the only thing that botters me in this excellent composition is that one branch going off the edge of the image in the upper left. However, that is a small issue and not one to get troubled over. Some cloning in photoshop could remove the edge interaction if you are so inclined.

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi Johannes,
You have definitely captured the modd very well here. I too like this very much........but for my tastes.........I would remove the branch.......but that is my tastes........and it doesn't detract enough to alter my appreciation of this image.

Johannes Glännman
11-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Thank you big time. Very proud and happy you liked it so much. About the branch in the upper left corner I am a bit disturbed by that, but I cant clone it so it looks good...

Thank you for your very fine words.... // johannes

Judd Patterson
11-15-2008, 12:42 PM
The heavy, foggy air really does lend several moods to this image...as Robert says...very sinister! I wonder how additional frames would look that include more of the tree trunks? Nice job.

Johannes Glännman
11-16-2008, 04:32 AM
Thank you very much Judd... Next time I walk there I will have a look at your suggestions :)

Cheers // Johannes

Ed Cordes
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I too love the moody dark presentation.Kind of scary really.