PDA

View Full Version : Young deer male

Yves Matteau
11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Took this picture while walking in a forest near my homtown. It stay stil until i move, then running away very fast.

1/250
f/6.3
iso 640
150 mm
exp.bias -0.67
hand held

Alfred Forns
11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice encounter Yves !!! I'm sure you did not have much time but this one screams vertical !!! Love the expression and I think its trying to tell you something !!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Yves,
It seems you are having a nice time exploring your neighbouring forests. I notice that you have shot it at 150mm. Which lens?

I like the alert pose. In this image, the legs are cut off and the antlers are also touching the frame. It would have been better if you could have shot this in the vertical mode.

The background is not so appealing. In such a situation, it would have been better to shoot at a wider lens opening. The f6.3 aperture gives more depth of field. If you would have used f4.5 then it would have given you a much shallow dof. However, we have to keep in mind that there is no distance between the bushes and the deer. So shallow aperture helps but it can't completely make the background diffused. If you would have used a lower aperture, then you could have lowered the ISO as well.

Look forward to more shots.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Yves Matteau
11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Thank you Saby for taking the time to look and comment my pictures. It`s always interesting to read your suggestions . I used a Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lens with image stabilizer.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Yves,
I thought that you used the 100-400 f4.5-5.6 lens. So I mentioned f4.5 in my post.

Its a pleasure to look and comment. Remember, when you are commenting you are also trying to visualise and hence you learn. My dad was a Professor. He used to say the same thing as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Robert Amoruso
11-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Yves,

Sabyasachi captures my feelings well especially on the antlers and feet.