PDA

View Full Version : Elkscape

Mike Robinson
11-13-2008, 08:40 PM
One good thing about not being able to get close is the opportunity to produce images like this.

Canon 1dm3, 600f4

Alfred Forns
11-13-2008, 09:57 PM
... and they are not easy MIke !!! Love this environmental Would move the animal more to the corner Like it a lot Big Congrats !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
11-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Mike,
I like this image. It would have been better if the subject placement would have been more to the left as suggested by Alfred. A nice environmental portrait. I like the number of layers in this image. What ISO did you use and what are the exposure details?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mike Robinson
11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Iso 800, f4, 1/800

Julie Kenward
11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Mike, it's a gorgeous setting and I love that you caught him calling out. I do think the whole thing looks a little light - especially the FG grass - so I did a shadow/highlight adjustment and then duplicated the background layer and changed the blend mode to multiply. I then reduced the opacity around 40%. I took out the darkened area in the sky with a mask and cropped a bit of the FG that was OOF.

These are only suggestions...just another way to go.

Steve Canuel
11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice image Mike. Nice feel of the wide open west. I like the parallel lines created by the mountain, the treeline, and the head and antlers of the bull. Have you tried taking a little more off the top to just above the mountain for more of a pano?