PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Kestrel

bill kominsky
11-13-2008, 06:31 PM
On a recent visit to Okeeheelee Park I got lucky with this beautiful Kestrel.
Taken with a Canon MK-III at ISO=400 f/8 1/1600th of a sec. and 500-MM-L.
Again all comments are so very welcome, thank you.

Bill

Arthur Morris
11-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Very nice. Maybe your best. Just would add some canvas in front and crop from the back. Love the pose, the trailing feet, and the sharpness. Wish that the head were turned away a bit less. All in all wish it were mine.

Axel Hildebrandt
11-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Great capture of this bird. I like the pose and agree regarding putting the bird further to the left in the frame and sharpen it more.

bill kominsky
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Here is the re-post folks and thank you Artie and Axel for your help.

Bill

Arthur Morris
11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
YAW Bill,

For the repost I lightened and sharpened the face, darkened the sky a bit, maybe over-did the eye doctor work, and re-cropped. Hope that I did not over-do it...

ps: Considering that I had to save it six times till I got the sizing right, it does not look too bad.

Maxis Gamez
11-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I like your second re-post Bill. Toning down the sky made a good improvement. I also agree about lighting up the bird.

Tony Whitehead
11-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Way to go, Bill. This is one to be proud of :D

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Way to go Bill. Love the flight pose and the repost is well done. These are such wonderful subjects and you did a fine job in capturing their beauty in action.

bill kominsky
11-13-2008, 09:45 PM
YAW Bill,

For the repost I lightened and sharpened the face, darkened the sky a bit, maybe over-did the eye doctor work, and re-cropped. Hope that I did not over-do it...

ps: Considering that I had to save it six times till I got the sizing right, it does not look too bad.

I will keep trying Artie to make it better, thank you so much for taking the time to help with the re-post it is so an honor, thanks.

Love and Later.....Bill

bill kominsky
11-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Taking a moment to thank everyone for their confidence, I will not disappoint and will work even harder after this boost. Judy and Maxis and Axel a special thanks.

Bill

Linda Robbins
11-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Bill, you are posting some wonderful images lately, and this one is especially nice. Love the flight pose with the trailing feet. The lightened face and darker bg in Artie's repost was an improvement to your lovely image. Congratulations on a beautiful capture.

bill kominsky
11-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Bill, you are posting some wonderful images lately, and this one is especially nice. Love the flight pose with the trailing feet. The lightened face and darker bg in Artie's repost was an improvement to your lovely image. Congratulations on a beautiful capture.

Thank you so much Linda, greatly appreciated.

James Salywoda
11-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Sweet Banking Pose Bill !

david cramer
11-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Wonderful catch on the bird's bank. The detail and color are spot on, and the reworks fine tune it to a great image.