PDA

View Full Version : Black Headed Gull

Jonathan Michael Ashton
11-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Hey, we had some sunshine! I took this at the local beach, I managed to get within about15 m by crawling. I have several shots but this one I think shows bubbles in the water without too many distracting highlights.

ISO 100 -0.33
Av mode Evaluative
1/1000 sec @ f5.6

As ever all C & C most welcome

Jon

Axel Hildebrandt
11-13-2008, 07:32 AM
I like the angle, light, details and walking pose. I might remove the specular highlights of the wavelet.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
I like the angle, light, details and walking pose. I might remove the specular highlights of the wavelet.

Now you mention it Axel, I have to agree with you, they didn't bother me before but they do now!:)
Jon

Doug Brown
11-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Really like the strutting pose. Nice low angle. Agree with Axel about the specular highlights.

Daniel Cadieux
11-13-2008, 12:33 PM
I know its a matter of opinion, but the specaular highlights of thwe wavelet do not bother me one bit :-) Water has a natural sparkling quality to it, especially when its moving and bubbling like this. Nice looking gull...the whites are quite pure and clean. Are the OOF feathers (above the two ruffled ones) beneath the chin caused by wind?

Arthur Morris
11-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Excellent job of getting square to the subject. All else well covered above.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I know its a matter of opinion, but the specaular highlights of thwe wavelet do not bother me one bit :-) Water has a natural sparkling quality to it, especially when its moving and bubbling like this. Nice looking gull...the whites are quite pure and clean. Are the OOF feathers (above the two ruffled ones) beneath the chin caused by wind?

Yes it was very windy in fact if I let go of the camera and tripod it would have blown over.

Jon