PDA

View Full Version : Mungo National Park

John Cooper
01-17-2008, 12:30 AM
late afternoon in this anceint land south-west New South Wales.

Canon EOS 3 , Canon 20-35mm at 24mm, late afternoon sun, Velvia 50, 1/30 sec F22, polarizer.

Robert Amoruso
01-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi John,

I like the composition a lot. You have a nice "s" curve leading one's eye into the image and to the first stack. You have BG stacks to the left and right kind of emanating from the main one. You have some nice clouds in the sky and did not include too much blue sky.

Nice work.

Paul Marcellini
01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Great light! I think a vertical comp would really work here, with more emphasis on that interesting foreground. To me the right side doesn't hold much interest.

John Cooper
01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Great light! I think a vertical comp would really work here, with more emphasis on that interesting foreground. To me the right side doesn't hold much interest.

Yes, photographed both vertical and l'scape formats - undecided which works best.

D. Robert Franz
01-18-2008, 12:18 AM
I really like the vertical. The s curve works really well Really like the clouds. The landscape version seems to need a bit of CCW rotation.. Lovely images...

Ian Colley
01-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Nice images John, I like the vertical version also, although I like the colours better in the first. A place on my list to visit sometime in the near future.

Paul Marcellini
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah that vertical is great, just what I was thinking.

Travis Novitsky
02-05-2008, 04:19 AM
The first one (horizontal image) is nice, but the horizon is way too crooked. It needs a clockwise rotation (unless the angled horizon is what you were going for). That little ridgeline does a nice job of providing a leading line whether the orientation is horizontal or vertical. Looks like an interesting place to explore with a camera.