PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Sunset #3

Maxis Gamez
11-12-2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_3961.jpg
Everglades Sunset #3 - Everglades National Park

This is another one from two weeks ago while wading with Judd in my visit to the Everglades.

The wild clouds and colors makes this image for me.

Hope you guys like it.

Canon 40D, 24-105 L @ 24mm f/8, 1/80 sec, ISO 400, RAW, 3 stop ND filter, Tripod, Almost full frame.

Grady Weed
11-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I find it hard to get into verticals of some landscapes like this one Max. Not bad however. Your colors are good, nice deep blue and saturated reds. The star burst is fine with me, like them. Perhaps a bit more separation of the brush and trees for more details might be nice. All in all, good.

Roman Kurywczak
11-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey Maxis,
Grady's assesment was very good. I too want a bit more seperation............even though it is very difficult. The central placement of the sun isn't my favorite.......but it isn't that bad and framed by the trees nicely. Colors are fantastic.

Robert Amoruso
11-15-2008, 08:32 AM
The separation issue is not an issue for me as this is how Florida is. As long as the FG is not a jumbled mess and shapes are distinctive as they are here - I am OK with it. I would agree that the central sun placement here is not working and should have been to the left or right more.

Dick Ginkowski
11-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a different take here because I don't think the sun placement is necessarily the issue. As I played with this I thought it would look nice as a square or MF type crop.