PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Colorado Ranch

Joanna Trescott
11-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I liked the combination of cows, pronghorn and horses all in one shot. The pronghorn do not jump fences, so have to run back and forth along the fence line until they find an opening. The ones with antlers have a real challenge.

Chris Hansen
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Joanna,
I like the fact that your image that shows the juxtaposition of the mixture of ranching life and wildlife.
Actually they can go under fences quite well. If not under pressure they will search for an opening as you have stated. I have seen them slide under a fence like the one behind them at a full run. It is truly an incredible sight to see.
Keep up the beautiful work,
Chris

Sabyasachi Patra
11-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Joanna,
I agree that it is a challenge to have all the three species covered in one image and bring them into focus. If the idea for this image is to probably show the plight of the pronghorns, then I might have dropped the horse and focussed on the Pronghorns. It would have been better to have the equipment specs and crop to understand the scene. Is this full frame or crop?

I would like more space at the bottom and less at the top. At the moment, the horse is placed near the edge of the frame. And also the flower bush in front of the horse is cut. So It is better to have more space at the bottom. The top doesn't add much to the image. So you could have removed the space at the top a little beyond the cows.

I would have loved some more sharpness and details. May be it is due to jpeg conversion. Could you explore some more angles and compositions?

Would love to see more from this series.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi