PDA

View Full Version : Meet Molly

Lance Peters
11-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Well have finally had some time to do some shots, really trying to live up to the "Birds as Art" type feel with these images, crops and compositions may not be to everyone's tastes - but experimenting.
(Got quite a lot to show - will space them out)

Meet Molly - Molly is a Brown Falcon - and she is a Captive animal. Image was created at a Birds of Prey show for school children - I wa saked if I would like to take some shots for them.

D3
Nikon 70-200VR with 1.7X converter @340mm
F4.8
1\640th
0 EV
200 ISO
Handheld

Bg is the dry dead grass in the field. Sharpened a tad and a slight crop.

Comments welcome - thanks for looking.
:)

Desmond Chan
11-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Hi Molly, nice to meet you! You sing? I like your face ! Beautiful eye you've got, too !! You look marvelous !!! Your mouth looks funny though :D

Alfred Forns
11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Lance That is one good looking bird !!! I like the crop and precise focus placement Would lighten the eye just a bit !!! Great bg btw when get to shoot captives normally they will move the birds around for you and you can come up with interesting bg !!

denise ippolito
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Lance, I think it's perfect! I love her sweet face and the angle -Love the crop and sharpness,great job!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Lance,
Love the crop and precise DOF - very lovely!
Regards,
Nicki

Jackie Schuknecht
11-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Like the colours and the crop. If one were to be very precise would you leave more room for the feathers so not to touch the left side of the frame????

Gus Hallgren
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Lance:

Lovely shot & bird. However, with taste such a fickle lady, I would like Molly punched up a tad. Looking at her with one pass of curves at Linear Contrast was more to my liking.

We have a super Rapture program at the Desert Museum in Tucson where they have a Rapture Free Flight demonstation twice a day. Gina and I both love it.

Thanks for sharing.

Gus

BTW: The shallow DOF certainly gives it more of an artistic look, as this forum depicts.

Gus Cobos
11-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Nicely done Lance,
The details and colors are superb. I like that sharp eye...:cool: