PDA

View Full Version : mulga parrot

Dejan Stojanovic
11-12-2008, 03:46 AM
Hi. My first post.
This is a male mulga parrot in the West Australian wheatbelt.
-D

Sabyasachi Patra
11-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Dejan,
Welcome to BPN!

The harsh light doesn't do justice to such a colourful bird. I would have loved some space infront of the parrot. A slight head turn towards you would have given better eye contact.

Please post the full exposure, ISO, camera and lens details so that it would be easier to comment. Look forward to more pictures from down under.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Daniel Cadieux
11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Welcome to BPN Dejan!! :-)

Wonderful species you present us as a first post. Sabyasachi has already mentioned some things to watch out for...

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Arthur Morris
11-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Welcome Dejan, Cool bird. What colors. As I have said here today several times <smile>, when you are working in harsh light you must start by having your shadow point right at the bird, in other words, have the sun coming right over the top of our head. Then, add lots of flash and you might come up with a good image in touch conditions.

Where are you living?

Ákos Lumnitzer
11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Great bird Dejan. Nice alert pose. Artie is spot on about light direction. With time all the little nuances and fine details will become second nature. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Dejan Stojanovic
11-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the comments.
Specs for the photo: Eos 5D, f/14, 1/1600 sec, ISO 1600, focal length 400mm, no crop.

Dejan Stojanovic
11-12-2008, 09:01 PM
oh also, living in Perth at the moment, but originally from Syd.
this bird was just a quick lucky shot- he landed about 3m away from me, sat there for long enough for me to frantically turn on my camera and take of the lens cap and get 3 shots before he flew off... this was the best of three.