PDA

View Full Version : BeeP Surveys His Kingdom

Julie Kenward
11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I decided to find out if what you all told me about BeeP's aversion to work was actually true. Sure enough, the moment I went for the rake (I have one - I just don't use it often!) he decided to do like cats do and climbed up the nearest tree.

I asked if he was trying to get out of helping but he insisted that someone needed keep the woods free from predators so I let him stay up there while I walked the dogs and picked up a few fallen branches.

Once convinced that the work portion of the day was over he climbed back down, assuring me that we'd be fine without anyone watching over the old homestead while he came inside to enjoy some Kansas City Bar-B-Q'd ribs, some baked beans and a little coleslaw.

He tried to get me to split the last beer with him but I pulled up the photo of him at Nicki's the morning after his last drinking excursion and he quickly changed his tune. "Another cup of that wonderful hot cocoa will do just fine," he told me.

"Good," I said, "Because I don't give the last beer up to anyone that doesn't at least vacuum." :D;):D

Gus Cobos
11-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Julie,
You got your hands full with Mr. BeeP. Got to give him credit though; he is one smart cookie...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
11-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey Jules,
Looks like Beep figured out a few things while he was out over the pond. Good choice on the hot cocoa until he gets a bit older or gets over the embarrassing photos.
I must say......I have never been to KC.......and i will admit to an aversion to vacuming..........but if I bring the beer......is the Bar-B-Que on the table???

Alfred Forns
11-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad you remember the drinking incident at Nicki's ... Beep will remember for a long time !!! :D:D:D:)

Fabs Forns
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I must say......I have never been to KC.......and i will admit to an aversion to vacuming..........but if I bring the beer......is the Bar-B-Que on the table???

I was going to aske the same question...;):D

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-12-2008, 02:57 AM
I can easily Fed-Ex over the one remaining Alka-Seltzer packet if you think that it will avoid any more embarrassing photo-ops...

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Great capture Julie and I think he is definitely in good hands. Glad to hear you ordered the little fella some hot chocolate at least for a few years yet. He certainly looks like he is enjoying is special time with you. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Kenward
11-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Anyone who ever comes to KC is welcome to Bar-B-Que. You just have to tell me if you're a 'sweet and smoky' or a 'hot and spicy.' We do them both here and we do them quite well!

Alfred Forns
11-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Your tempting me Jules :)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
...hot and spicy for me...

Julie Kenward
11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
C'mon, Al...nothing like a little pre-Chrismas cheer on the Country Club Plaza!