PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Express

denise ippolito
11-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I shot this photo this morning . I thought it would make an interesting fall shot. It didn't. So I added a filter and adjusted saturation and I liked it. I thought it looked like a train in snow.

Keith Carver
11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Denise, I like the blue-ice train, tracks, even the orange reflections on the front of the train. Also the vertical frame is great! But the orange in the trees above and to the right telegraphs fall foliage-mixed message. Maybe you could change the colors to dark blue ... But this is a very creative idea and the lower half really looks like the dead of night in an ice storm...

denise ippolito
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Keith, I think you are right-The clump of orange has to go(I thought that as soon as I posted it) Sometimes the smaller view helps to see it more clearly,and you saying exactly what I felt helps! I'll work on it after work- Thanks!

denise ippolito
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Hope this is better!

Julie Kenward
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I like the repost as well, Denise! The blue adds a real mood to the piece.

Alfred Forns
11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi Denise I see what you are doing and sure like how you are making things happen. I'm not into this one much, there is something missing, maybe more color below to balance things out? It is an interesting image !!!

Fabs Forns
11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
The intense blue adds to the effect of bitter cold. Well done!

Joanna Trescott
11-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Denise: I really like the colors of the repost. It looks like the engine is on fire. I like the lines of the rails and the train. IMHO, I would crop the top to bring more focus on the rain and rails. There seems to alot of blank blue sky to the upper left.,

Roman Kurywczak
11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey Denise,
This may be something to try.....as I am a huge fan of strong blacks and vibrant colors......... a local contrast adjustment........using USM at Amount 40.....Radius 40......threshold..........0. Will make the blacks and colors pop........and also make the ghost whites stand out more. Let me know what you think.

denise ippolito
11-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Roman, I think that's just what it needed! Thanks-I really liked this but wasn't sure how to tweak it. I have another one that I call Fire on the Tracks it's saturated as well I'll try this on it also