PDA

View Full Version : Bee Eater

mrudul godbole
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Shot this Beeeater in Nagarhole, Karnataka, India. Equipment used Canon 350D, 100-400mm IS lens.

Juan Aragonés
11-11-2008, 03:27 AM
Welcome on board Mrudul :) Please, do not forget to include the technical details of the image.
I like the subject a lot, the background and the soft and nice light. I wish for a better head angle and a more neat eye contact. Too bad that you clipped the tail tip and the composition would benefit a lot with more room at the bottom of the frame and less at the top. I also suggest a selective levels adjustment of the eye. Some fill flash would be great
By the way, you have a neat dust bunny in your sensor, over the head of the bird

Keep them coming

mrudul godbole
11-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Juan.

The bird being too close, I was not able to capture it fully. Will try to adjust the distance properly next time and will keep in mind the composition.

Doug Brown
11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome Mrudul! Gorgeouse bird and great BG. Agree with Juan's suggestions. I would lighten the eye and the dark plumage around the eye. Thanks for posting!

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Beautiful bird with a lovely pose and a killer BG. As you mentioned it would really strengthen this image if you had been able to include it all but still very pretty Mrudul and a big welcome to BPN. Will look forward to your future posts.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-12-2008, 02:48 AM
The Green bee-eater has a long long tail. If you include it all, then the bird becomes small in the frame and you wont see the beautiful colours.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Juan Aragonés
11-12-2008, 05:05 AM
You are right but, in this case, there is a lot of empty space to include the complete tail;)

The Green bee-eater has a long long tail. If you include it all, then the bird becomes small in the frame and you wont see the beautiful colours.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi