PDA

View Full Version : Before Heading Out

Maxis Gamez
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_5130.jpg
Before Heading Out - S.W Florida

This one from Yesterday morning at my friend's FRONT yard.... yeah! I know... so lucky!! :D:D:D

Again, thinking about landscapes, I created few images before heading out to photograph Frigate Birds.

I like the framing on this one. What say you experts!! :D

Comments are welcome!

Canon 40D, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 @ 24mm, 1/50 sec, ISO 100, f/11, RAW, Tripod, 2 stop ND filter, Full frame.

Thanks!

Alfred Forns
11-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Love the framing Maxis Would have included a little more at the bottom

Can do some local contrast changes and really make this image pop !!! I like it a lot !!! .... hope you did well with the frigates !!!

Robert Amoruso
11-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Maxis,

I agree with Alfred that adding more on the bottom would strengthen the image. The top frame is good but a bit more might have gotten the whole pine boughs across the top edge. Good going seeing the possibilities in this composition.

Roman Kurywczak
11-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey Maxis,
Can't add much to above.......since you were already at 24mm......a few steps back would have added a bit more base and pine. Very nicely seen though.......and you are doing a great job with framing elements. Keep up the good work!

Dick Ginkowski
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
I agree and disagee with Al and Robert.

The image is wonderful as it is. Adding or doing something different would result, actually, in a different image than this one which may or may not be as good.

Sometimes in critiques we forget one thing which the late Mayor Richard J. Daley once said, "The only poll that counts is the one on election day." This is a clean image which on its own is quite nice and probably saleable in a different economy. ;)

I think adding contrast would change the mood of the image and may not necessarily improve it. It may result in a different image.

BTW--I have no hesitancy to critique the critiques. I think we can learn from feedback but have to take it with a grain of salt. To put it into perspective, I once told Ted Turner that his concept that became CNN wouldn't work!

As for THIS image, there's a lot that makes it nice. The framing works well. This is a hard image to critique because there were a lot of possibilities that could have been explored which would result, of course, in different images. Colors are good. Give what Al and Robert said a try and also work with different crops and I think you'd find more than one good shot.