PDA

View Full Version : "Miss Sandy" Glowing in the Night

denise ippolito
11-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Canon 5D
24-105mm
ISO250
1/320 sec at f/ 13

I took this shot at mid-morning- the colors were very nice in the orig. but I felt it still looked boring- I used a color saturation filter that took all the whites and made them glow I really liked the way it looks. Comments welcomed. I kept it dark-I felt it enhanced the mood.

denise ippolito
11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Here is the lightened version Which do you prefer?

Julie Kenward
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
You know what, Denise? I like the boat and water in the lighter version because you can see more detail but I like the dark sky in the first post. Have you tried half of one and half of the other??? :D

Gus Cobos
11-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Lady Denise,
I like the composition and mood that you are trying to convey. I cast my vote for the second one. However, you can still go a tad lighter on the second image...try lightening a wee bit more and see which one works for you...Tell me what type of mood your after...is it the old worn down, passage of time look; or perhaps is it the end of the day hard working ship that is at rest for the next days journey, in the sleeply harbor...follow your heart...and tell me...:):cool:

denise ippolito
11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Gus, I think I like the dark one- it tells me it's late and the old girl is sleeping.

Gus Cobos
11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Lady Denise,
This is your interpretation as you see it, and the way you want others to see and feel it...proud of you...:):cool:

Alfred Forns
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
This is really sweet and I like the second by far !! I like seeing some detail and it has a better feel !! You are on a roll !!!