PDA

View Full Version : Unveiling of Mt. Baker

Terry Olmsted
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Taken at first light of the morning on a cloudy day. View is from the Skagit Flats.
July 3, 2007 - even though a summer day, Mt. Baker would not have been a good place to be.

Canon 400D 400mm 5.6L 1/4000s f9.0 ISO 800 ec 0 full frame

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi Terry.....
Great cloud!!! Beautiful light!
Some noise can be seen, think product of ISO800....wondering if it was no posible to low down shutter speed & get a lower ISO...

Best Regards!
Guillermo

Terry Olmsted
01-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Hi Guillermo, thanks for your comment. I think you are right. I actually was surprised that so much noise was there, even with a full frame photo. I should have taken several exposures with different combinations. At the time I was doing bird photography, and the mountain was an afterthought - my mistake. I have posted a version that I ran through the 'neat image' noise filter. I think it is better.
Terry

Robert Amoruso
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Terry,

Noise correction is a big improvement. I like the composition and would suggest a crop bottom above you name and perhaps a bit on the top mid-way between the nice luminescent cloud on the top right and the top of the frame.

I like the tonality and brooding colors. Excellent work for an afterthought.

Terry Olmsted
01-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks very much for the comments, Robert. I appreciate your time and efforts. I will play with some minor crops as you suggested.
Terry

David Kennedy
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree with Robert re: a more "panoramic" crop.

Are you using Capture One as your RAW software? It kind of has a C1 "look" (in a former life, I used C1). Just curious ;)