PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne's Heritage

Tom Shaffer
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Along the tracks in Cheyenne, Wyo Minolta Maxxum 5 24-70 Zoom, Settings not recorded, scanned slide

Roman Kurywczak
11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Tom,
I moved the thread here to travel and cityscapes. I like the different layers of trains. I am debating the trestle above the main one.............but it shows the yard nicely.
Are you having problems posting in the travel/cityscape forum?? If yes, I will look into it for you.

Alfred Forns
11-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi Tom Gland it made it here !!!

I like it particularly the layered look and the one train coming at you. Would try intensifying the sky some Excellent !!!

Not sure if you could set something like this up again but might try a similar look with the moving train slightly smaller in frame and do a blur !!! Neat !!!

Gus Cobos
11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Very nice capture Tom.
I like the rich bold yellow of the Union Pacific; and the layering of the other trains in the yard...:cool:

Robert Amoruso
11-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I always like these views of trains.

Tom Shaffer
11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
A bit of luck was involved with the UP train. The engine must have been very recently been through the ?train wash? here. Cheyenne is a major maintained center for UP.
I am a contributor and not a member to the forum. The only way I can get my photos on the Travel/Cityscape forum is for a moderator to move then there. Thank your for the thought, maybe someday.