PDA

View Full Version : Motif/B & W Bridge

Jackie Schuknecht
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I have been inspired by all of Gus's architectural wide angle shots and thought I would try one. The wide angle lens usually sits in the bag but I'm starting to like it. This is the bridge just down the street. Had a nice walk even though it started to............rain.............:D

Taken Today
40D
HH
f/11
1/80s
ISO 400
Sigma 10-22 @12
Converted to B & W, split toned and sharpened
Pretty much full frame, just straightened a little.
Comments Appreciated.

Alfred Forns
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
We had so many planes lately that I thought this was a stealth fighter when it first opened up :)

Excellent composition Did you think of including a car moving through? A blur would have been nice !!! Love it !!1

Gus Cobos
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Very well composed and executed Jackie. The lines are simple and clean. I like the perspective. Suggestion: What would this look like at night with the cars passing by...:confused::D:):cool: I think it would look cool with streaks of tail lights going through the tunnel...:cool:

denise ippolito
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Jackie, Very nice I like the B&W .I think it adds something to the shot! I like Alfred & Gus' ideas w/ the moving cars! Who knows could be fun

Jackie Schuknecht
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Very well composed and executed Jackie. The lines are simple and clean. I like the perspective. Suggestion: What would this look like at night with the cars passing by...:confused::D:):cool: I think it would look cool with streaks of tail lights going through the tunnel...:cool:

I think night photography will be another assignment. I did get ones with cars, but need an even lower shutter speed:) they weren't very blurred at 1/80 s ( to me anyways)

Gus Hallgren
11-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Great capture, Jackie . . .

I love it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Uncle Gus

Harold Davis
11-10-2008, 05:18 AM
nice compo and great feel accentuated by the b and w conversion. great job, jackie!!! will be interested in seeing your nite version.

Oscar Zangroniz
11-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Excellent angle on this one Jackie. What I like the most is that's a B&W capture.
I'm with you, need to start using the wide angle more.
Regards,

Michael Pancier
11-10-2008, 08:57 AM
cool comp. I'd boost contrast some more on it.

Gail Spitler
11-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Like the composition very much.
I had the same reaction when I started using the wa more; it opened up a whole new way of seeing.
Cheers
Gail
ps - that rain will soon be snow :-(

Richard Waas
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Great job Jackie. The rail draws me right into the picture. Love it in B&W. I was wondering if you blocked off the cars. Night shot would be awesome. Congrats....