PDA

View Full Version : Miles of Muhly

Paul Marcellini
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I failed last year to get something I liked of the blooming muhly grass in the Everglades so I really want to get something nice this year. Here is the first attempt. I wasn't liking anything at ground level so my Jeep became a nice tripod platform.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d, 10-22@15mm f13 iso200 1/3s and 2.5s blend

Kaushik Balakumar
11-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Lovely sky. Especially liked the reflections from the small pool of water in FG. Loved the colour on the grass. Do u have other frames with the pool of water in FG more towards right...

Roman Kurywczak
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Paul,
elevation definitely helped you out in this instance...........w/o it........I don't think you would have had as much of the water. I am wondering about the color of the grass.........although the sky does look to match.........maybe just a hair less red/ more yellow for my tastes.......but that could be a personal preference. Different times of day.........may make the grass more prominent........but I do like the subdued light here.........still....... it may be worth checking out.

Paul Marcellini
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Roman, I did try it a little and may go back and warm it a touch. You can see here, the inflorescence are pretty magenta already.

Kashik, I have a version where the water is larger in frame and in the corner, just haven't processed.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Paul,

Including the reflecting pool was just the touch that makes the image work well - but I am sure you know that. For other viewing the image it is small inclusions like this that improve an image.

I like you second image of the grass. I have been in Oklahoma doing a workshop and the prairie grass picks up a strong magenta color too.

Maxis Gamez
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
This is intense Paul. Excellent composition and dramatic sky!! Love it!