PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Bosque

david cramer
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
The snow and ross geese are back in strong numbers, and the crane numbers are building (yesterday there were literally waves of hundreds of cranes flying south toward the Bosque over my house).

The newly cut windows are great. Thanks to all the folks who worked on them. The pond in front of the Flight Deck is clear and full. This was my favorite image from the trip as the pheasants are very skittish. I used the pano crop because of intruding grasses on the bottom.

http://davidwcramer.smugmug.com/photos/413263743_e4sB3-O.jpg

D300 with 400 2.8+2.0 teleconverter on BLUBB in wndow sill, f/5.6, 1/600, iso 400, ev -0.67

David Lowell
11-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Man, I was planning on being at the Bosque yesterday, today and tomorrow, but work got in the way. I am so jealous of you just having to drive down from Placitas. I would love to retire south of Albuquerque, or possibly Belen.

Please keep the Bosque shots coming.

Thanks

ps I think Artie and friends are responsible, at least partly, for the windows

Tony Whitehead
11-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Lovely colours and iridescence. That's quite a tail!

david cramer
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for your comments.

Man, I was planning on being at the Bosque yesterday, today and tomorrow, but work got in the way. I am so jealous of you just having to drive down from Placitas. I would love to retire south of Albuquerque, or possibly Belen.

Please keep the Bosque shots coming.

Thanks

ps I think Artie and friends are responsible, at least partly, for the windows

Yes, it was Artie and his gang that braved the mosquitoes and other hazards to help open up new windows. We will all benefit from their work.

Juan Aragonés
11-10-2008, 10:36 AM
David this is a superb image instead of the fact that the light is a bit strong. I like a lot the composition with the tail drawing a diagonal line trough the frame. The pose and eye contact are really good but the plumage´s shining... oh man, is killer!