PDA

View Full Version : Small Autumn Cascade

Roman Kurywczak
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I've been battling a cold for a week now........and with the rainy but warm weather........I decided to head out to a local park for some photography as I was getting a bit antsy. Most of the leaves were down........so I concentrated on smaller cascades instead of the whole scene. This branch "miraculously" ;) fell in the shadow area........but I wonder.........does it overpower the scene for your tastes??? I'm a huge fan of bold colors........so I feel it balances the water nicely but would appreciate your thoughts.
Specs.............Canon Mark lll with the 28-135mm lens at 56mm at ISO 100 for 5 seconds at f25.........Lee Polarising filter maxed........all mounted on tripod with Graf Studioball head...........bubble level........Neos for standing in river (although tripod was on rocks)...........10 seconds timer engaged........so I could drop some leaves into the water...........hence the reddish/brownish color at top of flow.

Judd Patterson
11-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I really enjoy the composition on this Roman. The rocks frame the miniature waterfall perfectly and there is just enough water included at the bottom of the frame. To me the yellow leaves add just the pizazz that this image needs to hold my interest. While I'm not sure how often such a large branch of leaves falls intact like that, I'm sure glad that you opted for more than just a single big leaf in that spot. I hope you start to feel better man!!

Julie Kenward
11-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I love the comp as well. I think alone the yellow leaves might have been close to overpowering but you have that gorgeous red at the top of the waterfall and THAT (IMHO) makes all the difference. The two yin and yang off each other. It's gorgeous.

Paul Marcellini
11-09-2008, 11:55 AM
The 2 touches of color really balance each other well. I think the scene really benefits from them. Better not be sick when you come down, the gators are attracted to the weak. =)

Dave Mills
11-09-2008, 09:23 PM
It's a very pleasing image but you have created competing centers of interest. I think most would ignore that though.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-10-2008, 03:46 AM
Liked this image totally Roman. Nicely composed. The bright yellow leaves add to the comp. Excellent sharpness & details on the rocks. Well conceived & executed image.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I am good with the yellow leaves Roman. Funny how those things just happen to fall in just the right place.

Nagesh Mula
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Its a beautiful composition Roman.