PDA

View Full Version : cs4, is it any better?

Jared Lloyd
11-08-2008, 02:02 PM
so i have been seeing alot of posts on different forums about problems they are having with cs4. One guy I talked to said that the only difference he saw in 3 and 4 was that 4 was supposed to have windows vista fixes. Is it worth upgrading if your not running Vista?
jared

Julie Kenward
11-08-2008, 05:16 PM
There are many new things in CS4 - new tools and tools that have been improved. I'd suggest going to NAPP's website and reading up on them. I can't say it's a huge difference but there are changes and for me, they were worth the upgrade. The clone tool works better. The burn and dodge tools work better. You can do new types of adjustments in Camera Raw that you couldn't do before including one that is a lot like the Nik software, Viveza. Also, when you do levels, curves, and other adjustments now they are tucked into the side panel instead of taking up all that room on your desktop. MUCH BETTER!!!

I'd go check it out because there is WAY more to it than just fixing Windows.

Juan Aragonés
11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
I absolutely agree to July, I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot. I have had no issues. I like a lot the new cloning tool and the improvements n RAW converter. The performance of the program, specially CS4 Bridge, is noticebly improved

Samir Begovic
11-21-2008, 08:24 PM
CS4 64 bit version runs great on Vista 64 and can use up to 8GB of ram or I believe even more if you have more ram installed. It is currently at 4.8GB (67%)

Paul Lagasi
11-21-2008, 08:57 PM
I really like the cloning preview..just that little touch makes it so much easier...but I upgraded from CS to CS4 so I really notice a difference.....

Alfred Forns
11-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Jared just the interface is worth the switch. For all previous updates I usually leave the old version and go back and forth but after a couple of days using CS4 have not visited CS3.