PDA

View Full Version : Into The Light

Julie Kenward
11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Talk about mood lighting! I love how the deep dark blue contrasts with the one corner of the leaf that has made it out into the light.

Canon 40D, EF 70-200mm f4L USM
f8 @ 1/320th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, daylight WB
Handheld, heavy shade, midday sun
Processed in ACR & CS4. Small crop. Adjustment to levels and white balance

denise ippolito
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Julie, I like the dark blue. I like the small leaf that is lit up by the sun. I like the composition. As presented it's very nice- But I think you can make it really, really good -

Kaushik Balakumar
11-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Lovely light & just the apt title u've given to the image ! Like the contrast between darker and the lit portions in the image and also the partially lit leaf. Might darken the image a wee bit to enhance the mood.

Stu Bowie
11-09-2008, 06:10 AM
I really like the mood in this too Julie. Superb contrast, and lovely detail on the leaf. Well done.

Julie Kenward
11-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Kaushik, that's funny that you think I should darken it. I was always getting in trouble for having "too dark" images so I started pulling them up just a notch for this forum. In my original, I left it just a tad darker, though...even more mood!

Denise - what else do I need to do? Feel free to suggest!

Mike Moats
11-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey Jules, I like the contrasting light on the leaf. Really nice rich color.

Gordon Craig
11-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I think the picture was really nicely done. I really like the mood. I know that out in the field we are limited by the moving sun and clouds but I think a shot of the leaf by itself woould have been a winner too.

denise ippolito
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Denise - what else do I need to do? Feel free to suggest![/quote]

Julie, I don't know, I feel like it 's a tweak away from perfect. But I don't know what that tweak is-or I would have said. I do know I really like the mood that it displays.

Gus Cobos
12-09-2008, 07:59 PM
A very nice composition Julie. I like the contrasting colors and the different textures...:cool: