PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo at Old Faithful

Joanna Trescott
11-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I got up at first light and took this at Old Faithful in June.

Roman Kurywczak
11-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Joanna,
I love the play of the morning light in the dark and light areas of the trees as well as the rising steam. Originally I was going to say that i would have preferred the buffalo a hair lower in the frame........but it isn't merging with the boardwalk and it balances well with the opening in the steam where the light is hitting the evergreeens. I've eyed a slight crop off top and bottom............but there is nice texture throughout..........so it isn't necessary but more of a personal choice. Getting up early definitely paid off nicely for you.

Judd Patterson
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
This is a really powerful image with the well-place bison in a beautiful steam-filled scene. Like Roman says, getting up early was the right move! I particularly love the way that the low early light has reached some trees and not others. Beautiful!

Julie Kenward
11-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Nicely done, Joanna. I think Roman is right that a small crop off the bottom might work better - totally up to you. I wonder, too, if you could pull a few of the shadows up in the BG...not much - just a bit more detail back there might be nice. Lovely image!

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Nice work Joanna for all the reasons mentioned.