PDA

View Full Version : Eurasian Nuthatch II

Pepe Reigada
11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Taken photography today near Cordoba (Spain)

D300 * Sigma 150mm f2,8 macro* S:1/250 * A:16 * 8 tripods* four flashes working at high speed *Barrier of infrared
And as always, comments on the image welcome and appreciated

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Pepe- Great shot ! You can really be proud of this one. Terrific stop action. Obviously the high sped flash helped.

Mac

Nagesh Mula
11-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Great Shot with beautiful details.
The only nit would be to decrease the sheen off the rock.

Ramon M. Casares
11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
TERRIFIC!!! If I had to wish for anything it would be to see the other wing, but other than that.. just TERRIFIC!!! Congratulaitons!

James Salywoda
11-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Spectacular shot! Great bit of action captured a wonderful image....

Arthur Morris
11-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I love the wing position and the feet. The head is angled a bit away from you and this is a negative. Please confirm that the shutter was triggered by the bird. Thanks. Assuming that that is a yes, how was the bird attracted to the rock?

ps: I see no sheen on the rock...

Juan Aragonés
11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey Artie, are you thinking in the snow leopard? just kidding :D
The shutter was triggered by the bird and Pepe uses bird food on the top of the rock to actract birds and to made them pass through the IR bean.
Hope this helps :)

I love the wing position and the feet. The head is angled a bit away from you and this is a negative. Please confirm that the shutter was triggered by the bird. Thanks. Assuming that that is a yes, how was the bird attracted to the rock?

ps: I see no sheen on the rock...

Arthur Morris
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Thaank for the info Juan--just curious and I have seen some similar taken with the shutter button!